Lauren Gonzalez - The Blueprint to Designing Your Success
Building a career in graphic design doesn't need to be daunting anymore, especially with mentors and communities that offer support and guidance on how to get that design career off the ground.
Two years ago, Creative Director and mentor Lauren Gonzalez went outside of her comfort zone to start a YouTube channel to tell the story of how she set up her own agency, struggled to get clients at first, and eventually grew the business to become a consistent client and income machine.
Today, her brand identity agency Principium Studio is primed to scale and support higher income Amazon sellers, while her YouTube channel 4 The Creatives keeps growing in followers as she helps more freelancers and designers boost their confidence in their design business.
● The origins of her agency Principium Studio and the work they do for Amazon sellers
● Why she decided to set up 4 The Creatives, the kind of content she shares, and why she likes to target beginner graphic design freelancers
● The story of niching down to the kind of work they were getting most and how this became the turning point for her business
● What she believes is the biggest hurdle that designers early in their career are facing now
● Her Consistent Clients Blueprint course and how she mentors freelancers to get them to a place of confidence in their skills
● How the 4 The Creatives channel came to be, her experience of setting up her YouTube channel, and pushing herself to go out of her comfort zone to help more people
● Why she strongly believes in aligning her content and platform to what her viewers need
● How she built the branding assets and color schemes of both Principium Studio and 4 The Creatives
● How she stays inspired and feeds her inner creativity
● Her business development strategy of leveraging communities, building relationships, and giving free listing audits
● An email marketing strategy she calls the nurture sequence that keeps her top-of-mind for potential clients
● How she stays motivated and what's on the horizon for her
● Her personal manifesto revolving around the importance of persistence
Mentioned in this episode:
Seth Godin's published works: https://www.sethgodin.com/#books-courses-and-more
The 1-Page Marketing Plan by Allan Dib: https://successwise.com/book/
The Futur Content: https://thefutur.com/
To connect with Lauren, head on over to her channels:
Principium Studio Website: principiumstudio.com
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals, and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends, and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy, and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing, and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career, and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs, and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.