Would you turn your back on a flashy, stable career for something a little less glamorous and a lot more uncertain?
Today’s guest took this leap when he decided to quit his job as a jet pilot to pursue a career in marketing.
Adam Erhart braved the turbulence in shifting careers to pursue his curiosity and follow his passion in learning about marketing, people, and how he can help them grow their businesses.
Adam and I discuss:
- His transition from being a corporate business jet pilot to digital marketing consultant
- Dealing with the judgment that came with shifting careers and hustling hard to rebuild himself after making the big leap
- His love for marketing because it’s always based on people and human behavior
- Earning a marketing degree and putting in the hours to learn more about it outside school through audiobooks, podcasts, books, and more
- His progression through content formats; starting off with a blog and eventually venturing into YouTube
- The reality that it’s not always easy to drive traffic from successful platforms like Twitter, Instagram, or email to YouTube because consumer behavior varies on different platforms
- Determining whether a business should be on certain social media platforms; even big ones like YouTube
- Figuring out what type of content your market likes to consume, what type of content you can deliver, and finding the sweet spot that makes you visible where you need to be
- His take on studying the growth and trajectory of new platforms before marketing on them
- His two-fold manifesto of always pursuing growth in his personal life and creating value for others in his career
Mentioned in this episode:
Adam Erhart Academy: https://www.adamerhart.com/programs-courses
To connect with Adam, head on over to his channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals, and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.