United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, not a small market, right? You would think if you wanted to expand you’d dig deep to find larger clients in these countries, but in today’s episode, we are joined by Daniel Clydesdale and Eilidh Dunsire, a lovely couple who took an unexpected route and chose to expand into the United States market.
Most agencies use the expected social media platforms to promote themselves, but this couple took a different path from the usual Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin posts to help them find potential clients. In choosing to leverage their Youtube channel “Design Break” they’ve been creating a different kind of buzz.
In this episode we chat about:
• How they use social media platforms to promote their brand
• Why they chose to jump “across the pond” to America rather than focusing on larger clients closer to home in the UK
• Splitting their time to give equal focus to both their agencies offices
• How they maintain strong ongoing relationships with their clients
• What a typical projects is for Dunclyde
• How they balance having their husband/wife arm-in-arm process and including clients in their process
• Niching down their category focus to 2 main industries
• How tech startups focus on features rather than benefits to their peril
• What’s it’s like to work with your spouse in an agency setting
• How having a personal time away from work and from each other helps in setting boundaries
• How they achieve psychological distance between work life and home life, especially during COVID
• How they manage global time differences to work with their team in California
• Why they dropped some of their social media platforms and leaned into Youtube
• How they create video content that helps their audience with Webflow features
• How setting a strict schedule to video content creation helps in achieving better content
• How to overcome the struggles in building an agency
To connect with Daniel Clydesdale & Eilidh Dunsire:
Design Break Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/DesignBreak
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals, and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.