Janine Heinrichs - How a Poster a Day for a Year Led to TikTok Fame
In this episode, I speak to Janine Heinrichs, a self-taught graphic artist who pursued her dreams of becoming a designer without a formal degree. Janine shares how she took her boredom during the pandemic and turned it into aTikTok success story, growing to more than 150k followers using one simple content formula.
Janine also shares insightful tips on how to drive traffic to your website, what the future of graphic design holds, and her personal mantra for becoming a successful creative professional.
- How Janine started out unsure of your journey as a graphic artist and what solidified her decision to pursue it
- Finding success in social media and how it has helped build a following for her brand while showcasing her work.
- Her uncertainties during the pandemic and how the lockdown paved the way to pursuing a unique approach to graphic design.
- Finding her passion outside art and pursuing blogging with a mission.
- How one single content formula of creating a poster a day got Janine more than 150k followers on TikTok.
- Creative ways Janine gets emotional reactions from her social media content.
- Where she draws inspiration when she's running low on creative juice.
- What distinguishes Janine's creative blend of art and graphic design from the work of other designers..
- The surprising network connections she’s made from her TikTok following and the opportunities that came with them.
- Janine's easy and effective ways to get traffic to her website.
- Her unique perspective on the future of graphic design and what creative professionals should be paying attention to.
- The one mantra that got her to meet every milestone in her journey and become a recognized graphic artist.
To connect with Janine, head on over to his channels:
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: "PHILIP50"
The Brand Design Masters Podcast targets entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.