Philip VanDusen - 10 Ways To Increase Brand Awareness
The very first step in building a brand is letting the world know that you exist, that is, establishing brand awareness. Ultimately, products and services that achieve and maintain a high level of brand awareness are likely to generate more sales. Why?
That’s because when consumers are confronted with a variety of choices, they are simply more likely to buy a product they recognize than an unfamiliar one.
In this episode I introduce 10 ways that you can build that kind of familiarity with your brand including brand design, content marketing, brand partnerships, events and others.
Brand awareness is important because it tells you:
• How effective your brand design is: Your logo, colors, fonts etc. Are they distinct, consistent and recognizable?
• How effective your marketing is: Are you cutting through the noise?
• How the marketplace is receiving you: Are you building enough trust for people to want to remember you?
• Whether you are effectively differentiating your brand from your competition’s brand: Is there any confusion about who you are in comparison to others in the market?
The 10 brand awareness builders I discuss are:
1. Improve your discoverability
2. Develop a memorable brand identity
3. Guest posting
4. Referral or affiliate programs
5. Publish content
6. Brand partnerships
7. Paid advertising
8. Produce interactive content
9. Use hashtags and mentions on social posts
10. Host events
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, use the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
BRAND STRATEGY 101 COURSE:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: "PHILIP50"
The Brand Design Masters Podcast targets entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on building successful brands for themselves and the clients and customers they serve.